Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 5

July 19, 2009

I experience my first power outage last night. Elvis, his friend Fine Boy (lol don't ask, I don't know. I'm assuming it means that he's a nice guy cause everyone class him that), and I went to get some ice cream in the evening and all the electricity went out. It was almost pitch black. Plus the shop didn't have any chocolate ice cream. No fan last night. No electricity and my flash light wasn't working. The house was soo black. I don't think I have been anywhere were it was completely dark. No street lights nothing.

We had electricity by the morning. We went to church. It was an open room with concrete floors wood beams and a steel roof. They did a separate English Sunday school class for me and others who spoke English. They also mixed in English with the sermon. It reminded me a lot of a black southern Baptist church. Although I think they may have been a little reserved because I was there. I had to stand up and introduce myself (lol standard in my church back home). I said my name in Twi and the rest in English. The preacher then translated it in English. I then took a taxi to Elvis' office to use the internet and here I am… ready for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment